The construction of radio-relay lines was started to organize television broadcasting in the regions of the republic and Baku-Agstafa radio-relay line was put into operation for the first time in 1980.
In 2003, switching system was established between radio-relay line (RRL) and fiber-optic line which transmits international channels to Aztelekom Production Union.
In 2019, the digital reconstruction of radio relay line with a length of 185 km in the direction of Fatmayi – Sumgayit – Khizi – Dagbilidzhi (Shabran) – Ergudzh – Guba was completed and put into operation.
Reconstruction works done out to date (by directions):
– Baku-Alat-Shirvan-Bilasuvar-Jalilabad-Lerik (284.2 km) in 2010-2011.
– Baku-Alat-Shirvan-Sabirabad-Kurdamir-Agsu in 2011-2012 (212.1 km);
– Kurdamir-Goychay-Mingachevir-Ganja-Shamkir-Poylu in 2013 (262.8 km);
– Baku-Fatmayi in 2017 (20.19 km);
– Baku TV Tower Complex – Alternative RTBS (5.4 km);
– 2019 Baku-Fatmayi-Sumgayit-Khizi-Dagbilici-Yerguj-Guba (185 km);
Total length in the mentioned directions: 969.7 km;
Reconstruction planned for the next 5 years: 779 km.
At the next stage, it is planned to continue the reconstruction work in the direction of Mingachevir-Tepejannat-Sheki-Almali-Zagatala-Danachi.