Information on DVB-T standard Digital TV broadcasting
DVB-T is translated as Terrestrial (Yerüztü) Digital (Rəqəmli) Video (Video) Broadcasting (Yayım) to our language.
DVB-T (digital TV) standard has the following advantages.
– Transmission and reception quality of the description and sound signals are rising. (external obstacles does not feel in transmission, there is no loss of in keeping of information, etc.).
– The possibility to significantly increase the number of programs.
- lower power of (DVB-T)
– The possibility to receive with mobile and portable receivers. (DVB-T)
– Effective use of the frequency spectrum (10-12 TV channel in 1 TV program)
– The possibility of application of single frequency broadcasting. (DVB-T)
– The possibility of organizing local TV programs (DVB-T)
– The transmission possibility of information on additioanl service along with TV programs (weather, traffic table, advertisements, etc.).
– The possibility of interactive digital TV broadcasting network, Internet connection, encoding system for subscriber access.
– To be resistant against external obstacles of broadcasting, minimum of obstacles created by other means of communication.
– The usage possibility from existent infrastructure (TV stations, transmitter antennas, subscriber equipment etc.) to organize terrestrial TV broadcasting.
– The operative replacement possibility of broadcasting configuration (FEC, protection band, 8k and 2k modes etc.)
– The transmission information is compressed from 3 times to 100 times with the help of other measures.
Transition to digital TV broadcasting in DVB-T standard in the Republic
Digital network on the realization of items of Action Plan No 27 dated 22.07.2011 of MCHT was put into operation in 2011 in the territory of country concerning organizing of DVB-T digital television broadcasting which consisting of 1 package (10-12) will cover at least 85% of the populated areas of the Republic related with implementation of the application and development program of DVB-T digital television broadcasting system in the territory of Azerbaijan Republic approved with the decree No26 dated 10.02.2011 of the Cabinet of Ministers of Azerbaijan Republic.
The following works have been done by Teleradio PU related with it:
Digital RRL network with 140 Mbit/s capacity was put into operation in the direction of Baku–Lerik. The reconstruction of Shirvan-Sabirabad-Kurdemir-Aghsu analogue magistral RRL line was implemented. Transition to digital RRL with 150 Mbit/s in the direction of Shirvan-Sabirabad-Kurdemir-Aghsu was completed. Installation of new transmitters in all intended stations is provided in conformity with working schedule concerning the installation digital TV transmitters and additional equipments to organize channel broadcasting (10) of Social open package in the channels for DVB-T broadcasting. 101 unit transmitters broadcasting the social package put into operation in the country.
The coverage circle of the digital TV broadcasting across the country