Information on DVB-T standard Digital TV broadcasting
DVB-T is translated as Terrestrial Digital Video Broadcasting to our language.
DVB-T (digital TV) standard has the following advantages.
- The quality of transmission and reception of image and sound signals increases. ( there are no external obstacles in the transmission, no loss of information storage, etc.)
- The possibility to increase the number of programs significantly.
- Lower power of transmitters (DVB-T)
- The possibility to receive with mobile and portable receivers. (DVB-T)
- Effective use of the frequency spectrum (10-12 TV channel in 1 TV program)
- The possibility of application of single frequency broadcasting. (DVB-T)
- The possibility of organizing local TV programs (DVB-T)
- The transmission possibility of information on additional service along with TV programs (weather, traffic table, advertisements, etc.).
- The possibility of interactive digital TV broadcasting network, Internet connection, encoding system for subscriber access.
- To be resistant to external obstacles of broadcasting, minimization of interference created by other means of communication.
- The possibility of usage from existing infrastructure (TV stations, transmitter antennas, subscriber equipment etc.) to organize terrestrial TV broadcasting.
- The possibility of operative change of broadcasting configuration (FEC, protection strip, modes of 8k and 2k etc.)
- The transmission information is compressed from 3 times to 100 times with the help of other measures.
Transition to digital TV broadcasting in DVB-T standard in the Republic
In connection with the implementation of the “Program for the application and development of DVB-T digital television broadcasting system in the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan” approved by the decision No. 26, dated 10.02.2011of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the digital network which covered at least 85% of the population in the republic was established and put into operation in 2011 in accordance with the items of the MCIT Action Plan No. 27 dated 22.07.2011 on the organization of DVB-T digital television broadcasting consisting of 1 package (10-12 programs). In this regard, the following work has been done by Teleradio PU:
The digital RRL network with a capacity of 140 Mbit /s was put into operation in the direction of Baku-Lerik. The reconstruction of the analog main RRL of Shirvan-Sabirabad-Kurdamir-Agsu was carried out. The transition to the digital RRL of 150 Mbit /s in the direction of Shirvan-Sabirabad-Kurdamir-Agsu has been completed. New transmitters were installed at all stations in accordance with the work schedule “On installation of digital TV transmitters and additional equipment for the organization of social open package (10) channel broadcasting” on the channels allocated for DVB-T broadcasting. To date, 101 DVB-T transmitters broadcasting the social package have been installed and put into operation in the country.
According to item 5.1.7 of the Action Plan on implementation of the “State Program on realization of the National Strategy on development of information society in the Republic of Azerbaijan for 2016-2020” approved by the Order dated September 20, 2016 of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the Resolution No10, dated September 27, 2016 on termination of analog broadcasting of national TV programs in Baku and Absheron peninsula from November 1, 2016 and analog broadcasting of TV programs in other regions of the country from December 1, 2016 was issued by National Television and Radio Council of the Republic of Azerbaijan and implemented. Thus, with the cessation of analog TV broadcasting in the country, the transition to DVB-T standard digital TV broadcasting has been completed.
At present, about 99.8% of the country’s population is covered by digital broadcasting which consists of 10 to 12 open-package TV programs (“AzTV”, “İTV”, “İdman Azərbaycan TV”, “Mədəniyyət TV”, “Lider TV”, “ATV”, “Space TV”, “Xəzər TV”, “ARB TV”, “CBC sport TV”, “Real TV” and “TRT”).